“Celebrate good times, come on! (Let’s Celebrate!)” Kool and The Gang got it right!
You own your own business, you are following your dreams, you are keeping your head down and getting it done… there’s a lot to celebrate!
Unfortunately, as business owners, we can spend so much time keeping our head down and getting it done, we forget to look up.
Taking a step back and taking a look around at what you have accomplished as a business owner is critical. It can be so easy to forget how far you have come and lose sight of where you are going.
What are some of the reasons you should be celebrating as a business owner?
Let’s look at 5 reasons to celebrate!
- First and foremost, you are owning and operating your own business! You didn’t sit back and just talk about how great it would be or what you would do if you owned your own business. You are doing it!
- You are becoming a better You! Owning a business is by no stretch always easy. You are pushed and pulled in every emotional and sometimes physical direction. The weight can be heavy on your shoulders, but through all of the twists and turns, you are learning. Learning how to better manage your time or how to just let some things go. Learning how to navigate relationships and serve others. Learning more about yourself and becoming better because of it!
- You are serving others! Whether you are a business to business model or business to consumer, people are at the heart of it. Think for just a moment how many people you come into contact with every day. Your product or service may directly impact their day, however, you as the business owner also make an impact. You have the opportunity to serve others and bring joy to their day!
- You are busting through goals! Remember at the beginning of the year we talked about setting goals? You not only set big goals, but broke them down into smaller goals. Each time you reach a smaller goal, it is worth celebrating! Every achievement brings you one step closer to where you want to be.
- You are figuring out what doesn’t work and adjusting! You may think to yourself, “I’m not sure why I would celebrate the pivots.” We’re so glad you are wondering! The pivots are growth. They mean you are aware of who you are, your business goals, and where you are in your business right now. If you aren’t where you want to be, having the guts to pivot is worth celebrating!
Every business owner is different. There are different ways to celebrate the successes of your business. Perhaps for one business owner it’s purchasing a new car, but for another it’s an intimate dinner with family and friends. The ways you celebrate are personal and totally up to you- within your budget constraints of course! We don’t recommend blowing through your budget or spending money you should be putting towards a retirement fund!
Every once in a while it’s good to do a check-in with yourself and evaluate where you are. We think you will realize you are farther along than you once were, you are stronger than you thought you could be, and you are determined and driven. It’s all worth celebrating!